Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ten Days of Transformation


Recently I have been given a gift of ten days off before I start a new job with a new company. (check out the link if you are job surfing in Des Moines, IA) When I entered my former manager's office to give my resignation notice I was unprepared for her response of telling me I could leave immediately and would receive full compensation for my remaining time.

Needless to say I was very upset and considered the action completely unprofessional and vindictive. She actually called security on me when I told her I needed some time to send a few emails out and pack my things. I was being treated as if I had been fired. She wanted me to grab my purse and leave. I was shocked!

Since then I have distanced myself from this anger and anxiety about the way I left. I performed a personal ritual to release these bad feelings. Writing my former manager a letter and then burning it to release to the universe and banish those feeling of ill will forever. During this ritual I realized the way I exited was symbolic of the relationship that had formed between her and I. I have chosen not to retaliate by complaining to HR or managers in high places. Instead I have given to the universe the duty of making sure what comes around, goes around.

She never liked me and didn't appreciate my talents. I knew she had it out for me months ago and I had started to journal actions and things she had said or done against me. (Conveniently this journal was thrown away after my speedy exit.) She frequently would come out to the department and socialize with other team mates. She never did that with me. I had documented numerous times she had singled me out and made me uncomfortable in different situations. I even called a meeting with her to bring these times to her attention. This improved nothing. When I heard of this new job I knew it was my chance to break free of this controlling, manipulative person in my life. So I jumped at the chance to change. Thank the Divine that I got the job!

This free time has been an excellent opportunity for transformation. Not only with my new career but with the new year. I have spent the last few days reuniting with friends, reading great books and spending great times with my family. Many great things are to come in 2008 so stay tuned!

Check out this great clip. It sums up my post brilliantly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8kOpfw-lcM

No comments: